Hi! My Name is Joey Kunin, and in 2011 I decided to devote more of my time to those things in my life that I found most important, most valuable, but also most neglected. Travel, photography, painting, writing, building relationships, exploring, and the pursuit of curiosity have since been my focus. This blog will serve as a mouthpiece for many of the ideas, lessons, philosophies I have picked up along the way. I hope to talk about a variety of things, ranging from happiness to loneliness, reality and fantasy, the practicalities and philosophies of travel, and their realities. More than anything, I commit to speak frankly and honestly about those topics that are important to me.
In other words, I have dedicated myself to myself. I have chosen to invest my time and money in my own interests, and my own betterment. You can, and should, too.
I have since spent months traveling the United States (and not paid for accommodation once!), and South-East Asia (I am currently writing this on the banks of the Mekong, in Lao PDR), taking care of a child full time, photographing some of the most stunning scenery, and most fascinating people I have ever seen (and displaying/selling many of those photos in a variety of art venues), building deep, meaningful connections with people that will likely last a lifetime, studying a variety of topics that intrigue me, from history and politics, to physics and astronomy, for no reason other than exploring the value of curiosity. I am currently working on a number of writing projects (some of which I hope to release as an e-book on this site within the following months) In other words, I have dedicated myself to myself. I have chosen to invest my time and money in my own interests, and my own betterment. You can, and should too.
I love to hear from my readers, whether it be feedback, or suggestions on content, so please don’t hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com, or use the above contact page to say hello!
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m an INFJ (the rarest type!)
- I was born in Kiev, Ukraine, but grew up in Los Angeles, CA
- I’m a photographer and painter
- I spent six days driving across the entire United States with someone I met as I got into their car
- I rode over 1000 miles on a motorcycle in the Jungles and villages of North Thailand over the course of a month, both by myself, and with people I had only met the previous day (I seem to like road trips with strangers)
- There are few things I love as much as cooking and eating, and I will try just about anything once..and I do!
- I’m the youngest of two children
- My favorite place in the world is the West Coast of the U.S., from the forests of the Pacific Northwest, to the deserts of Southern California, and most everything in between.
- Vietnamese coffee and Pho are my favorite.
- I speak fluent English and Russian, and less than fluent German.
- I’m a Redditor